Monday, April 01, 2013

AT&T Uverse DVR thinks I'm an idiot

At some point with our AT&T Uverse DVR, it started deleting programs we had recorded, even though there was 50 percent recording space remaining. We already figured that if there are a lot of programs set to record in the future, it goes ahead and deletes items not marked "Keep until I erase" even if there is plenty of space left.

So I ventured into the AT&T chat room with a representative just to see if he'd tell me the same thing. Here's what transpired. See when he realizes what I actually mean, and when we both know I'm just not going to like the answer ...

System

Welcome Mr. Jeffrey Rushing.

System

Connecting to server. Please wait...

System

Connection with server established.

System

Technical Support Topic: U-verse Other

System

sp483r(SANJAY) has joined this session!

System

Connected with sp483r(SANJAY)

sp483r(SANJAY)

Thank you for contacting AT&T, my name is Sanjay. Mr. Rushing, please allow me a moment to review the account details with the information you have provided.

sp483r(SANJAY)

I see that you are experiencing issues with DVR recording, am I correct?

You

Yes.

sp483r(SANJAY)

I apologize for the inconvenience caused you, be assured, I will do my best to assist you.

sp483r(SANJAY)

Could you please provide me the model number of the affected DVR box which is printed below the power button?

You

ISB7500

sp483r(SANJAY)

Thank you

sp483r(SANJAY)

Are you able to record new program?

You

Yes, but if I don't make sure it's marked as "Keep until I erase," it deletes it immediately.

sp483r(SANJAY)

Alright

sp483r(SANJAY)

We will perform Non destructive factory reset on the DVR box.

sp483r(SANJAY)

I will provide you the steps.

sp483r(SANJAY)

Unplug the power cord of the receiver or DVR from the wall or from the back of the box and wait 10 seconds.

sp483r(SANJAY)

Plug the receiver/DVR back in and when three white dots appear on the screen, unplug the receiver/DVR again. Repeat this process two more times.

sp483r(SANJAY)

Plug the receiver/DVR back in on the third time and leave in.

sp483r(SANJAY)

Please perform the above steps and let me know if you have any difficulty.

You

ok

You

doing now

sp483r(SANJAY)

I appreciate your effort.

You

Is it supposed to have the wheel in the middle and show it loading on the bottom?

sp483r(SANJAY)

That's correct

sp483r(SANJAY)

Now what do you see on the TV screen?

You

Still loading the first screen.

sp483r(SANJAY)

Okay

You

Now see two wheels and loading.

sp483r(SANJAY)

Perfect, it will take some time to complete the reboot.

You

Just saw the three white dots and unplugged and plugged back in.

sp483r(SANJAY)

Correct, are your all other U-verse services working fine?

You

Now it's on the blue AT&T Uverse screen with the little circle on the bottom right doing its thing.

You

Now it's back up as normal.

sp483r(SANJAY)

Are you able to watch live TV?

You

Yes.

sp483r(SANJAY)

Please check, are you able to record and delete the programs?

You

Says "DVR system is starting."

sp483r(SANJAY)

Alright

You

Able to record now.

sp483r(SANJAY)

Excellent!

You

But will it still be there at 7:01 p.m. is the question.

sp483r(SANJAY)

Where do you see the timing ' 7:01 p.m'?

You

What I mean is, I've always been able to record a program. But if I'm recording a show at 6:30 and I don't mark it "Keep until I erase," by 7:01 it's been deleted by the system.

You

It's as if the system sees that I have so many hours planned to record, so it deletes programs ahead of time instead of waiting until there is 0 recording space.

sp483r(SANJAY)

You need to select the option 'Keep until I erase'.

You

I already knew that. But I shouldn't have to do that if there's still 29 percent recording space remaining. That's ridiculous. If we forget to mark it "keep until I erase," it shouldn't be erased by the system.

sp483r(SANJAY)

Let me check in our system with regards to this issue.

sp483r(SANJAY)

have you done any series scheduled for future time and date?

You

Yes, we have many series recordings.

sp483r(SANJAY)

D VR provide first priority to series recording.

You

OK, I'm going to end this. It won't go anywhere. If AT&T doesn't think I'm smart enough to allocate my own DVR space, we'll work around it until we change to another provider.

sp483r(SANJAY)

Let me explain, How it works?

sp483r(SANJAY)

If you have already set the series recording, it will give first priority to series recording, also once the DVR complete 70 percent space, it will delete old recorded content first..

sp483r(SANJAY)

Request you to select the option 'keep until I erase'.

sp483r(SANJAY)

Please visit http://www.att.com/esupport/ where you will find pages of product solutions, or download our Self Support Tool at http://www.att.com/esupport/ and Channel 411 on your U-verse TV.

You

I will explain how it works. If I have 25 percent recording space left, I want to be able to hit the record button and walk away, not go into the system and through the menu to make it "Keep until I erase."

Connected with an AT&T Representative

Session ID: 8767207

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were being a jerk. He clearly explained what the problem was. Are you so lazy that you don't want to take the few extra SECONDS that it takes to request "keep until I erase"? I feel sorry for the tech support guy. He did all that he could, the rest was out of his hands.

Jeff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeff said...

Thank you for your anonymous comment. My complaint isn't with Sanjay, only that it took 20 minutes to get to the obvious conclusion that UVerse should fix their coding so I don't have to save stuff when I have 30 percent of space remaining like we could do with DirecTV before.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous is right. He explained it the best he could to you. if you don't wanna take the time to make sure your system doesn't delete the programs, Then that is your problem. Leave Uverse to those of us who do understand what to do.

Anonymous said...

Jeff, sorry you got so much ridiculous crap from the crack-smoking Uverse fanbois. It is RIDICULOUS that you had to go through that ordeal.

You already KNEW the system was deleting things you didn't mark "Keep until I erase." That was the problem. You want to use the clearly advertised feature that lets the system keep recordings until space is needed. But that feature is BROKEN.

That means the DVR is a piece of crap, as you correctly diagnosed without the complete LACK of "support" from Sanjay.

Then you had to endure these fanboi morons. Sorry you had to go through that crap. Hope you have found decent TV service somewhere.

randleboyy said...

I am in agreement with jeff....i Have the same issue which is a stupid issue and it's stupid that you have to put "until I erase" when I have 45% of space left... It should zero out and then auto delete. .. Not before!