Monday, April 30, 2012
Sunday, April 29, 2012
Saturday, April 28, 2012
Friday, April 27, 2012
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Thursday, April 19, 2012
The latest from my Facebook status ...
- Every time I go to Sports Clips the girl behind the counter asks if I want to see anyone in particular to cut my hair. I might, except that I don't think I ever see the same stylist in there twice!
- Reason No. 78 that I would never get into politics: I couldn't go on "Meet the Press," be told by the host and guests that I'm a racist who wants to kill old people, then all go out for drinks and back-slapping afterward.
- Does everyone else's office have the large coffee filters on hand solely for use as a bowl for microwave popcorn?
- Me and Val are totally cleaning our master bedroom closet today! OK, so right now it looks like the closet exploded into the bedroom, but from there, cleanliness!
- Many many thanks to my in-laws for letting us invite ourselves over to dinner last night! It's so nice to savor a big meal while watching them play with my kiddies and the time-honored tradition of "keeping them busy until bedtime."
- Had a great time at the Children's Museum Wednesday morning with the family. Cooper spent a lot of time at the Kroger (he gathered every single fruit and veggie in his cart, then actually put them back later!), did a lot of fishing, loved loading the boxes up the conveyer belt in the FedEx plane, and there are dinosaurs! Roar!
- To my left, Heather is playing "My Favorite Things" from "Sound of Music," while in front of me, Justin is trying to get a frantic woman to stop yelling and crying to figure out why she's calling us and how this pertains to a story we'd care about. #ThisIsOurNewsroom
- Now that Penny's sleeping in her crib full time, what to do with the bassinet? Keep using it to throw my clothes in the corner of the bedroom? After all, it matches the exercise bike on the other side where Val hangs her clothes.
- Cooper's taken to watching "The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" and playing with his stuffed Pooh, Tigger and Eeyore ("Ee-ORE"). He even sleeps with his "Little Pooh." *sniff* I couldn't be happier.
- Sunday night we officially moved Penny from the bassinet in our bedroom to her own crib. She only slept 'til 4:30, so she could go longer, but she wasn't up every two hours like we worried. Now that she's out of our room and the nightlight is gone with her, our room is only lit by the eerie glow of Penny and Cooper's monitors, full of the sounds of the ocean. (They both have a sound machine, and that's our sound of choice.)
- I just glanced up at the feed from New Orleans and Mardi Gras as it's being cleared out and saw a guy running down the street from the cops. Dude, I've seen "Cops" in New Orleans. Not only are you not outrunning them while drunk, you are going to get hit several times in sensitive areas for trying. Or run over by a horse. Loser.
- Today I will be using so many Halls throat drops that I advise you to buy stock.
- Yes, it's 1:45 a.m. and I should be in bed. But Penny woke up screaming bloody murder a little bit ago, so now she's finished a bottle and squirmed back to sleep in my arms, and I'm watching the Buffy the Vampire Slayer musical episode on my DVR. It's not like I can just turn that off in the middle, can I? Sleep? Pshaw!
- Why is it, when I look at myself in the mirror I nod and point my finger at myself and think, "Oh yeah, you are a stud." Then I see a picture of myself later I think, "Egad, what a whale! Someone harpoon me!"
- I saw a flyer by our front door this morning for a new Asian Bistro announcing a "GRANG OPENING." If that's what they serve, I'll pass.
- I bought Lady Antebellum concert tickets online via Ticketmaster this morning (June 28 in Southaven). Each ticket was $30.50, but then a $12.70 fee is added. Seriously? And then, to have the tickets emailed to me cost $2.50, but to have it snail-mailed would have been free. How does that compute?
- Just for the record, when you wipe up poop that has been smeared on the wall by your toddler, don't use a baby wipe. The paint comes off. Now you know.
- Based on the Black History coupon flyer that Kroger sent us featuring the lovely and happy African-American families pictured in every page, here's what they would like to purchase this month: Optimum Care Salon Collection Relaxer, Colgate Optic White toothpaste, Aunt Jemima frozen products, Kroger lean meals in a box featuring beef tips and gravy, Frank's RedHot sauce, chocolate chip cookies, mac and cheese and, finally, ribs. I'm guessing that I'm free to use these coupons, too, hopefully, since we could really use some mac and cheese and cookies.
- Val's mom babysat last night, so what exciting things did we do? Dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings then shopped at Toys r Us.
- Cooper has so many things in his bathtub that I can barely see the bottom. I expect the creature from the trash compactor in "Star Wars" to pop its big eye out anytime now.