Monday, August 23, 2010

Three more down, and a look back

Down three pounds this week, so good times! That's 21 total in six weeks, which gets me in trouble because I start doing the math and start figuring how I can lose the rest of the 140 by November, which is pretty much impossible without sawing off a limb or two.
 
College students are heading to college at the end of this month, so health experts are warning against the so-called "freshman 15." Luckily I didn't have to worry about that. I had already established my 15 in high school. And during summers. And autumn. And winter. And on Mondays. And Tuesdays ... you get my drift.

College was an excellent time for eating horribly. I would pick up donut holes from the cafeteria in the mornings, get some fast food at nights, and I worked at Outback Steakhouse as a busboy my sophomore year, which was awesomely bad, what with all the cheese fries and bloomin' onions put in the back for the staff to snack on throughout the night.

(The stack of fat on the back of my thighs comes from this time of my life.) (Pizza accounts for the opposite side. Fast food takes up much of my belly. If I drew it up I'd look like one of those cow drawings where you see which cuts of meat come from where, only using fattening foods.) 

On weekends there would be movie nights on campus, featuring 25 cent burgers or Arby's or whatever. After the movie, though, they would just give out what was leftover. More than once I would end up taking an entire ten-pack of tacos to the dorm to watch TV late at night alone while Steve and Patrick were back home with their lovely ladies. I wasn't eating to feel better about myself. I just love food, and it would be downright pleasant to munch on some tacos while watching "The Real World."

Only 13 years after graduating from good ol' Union U., I'm on my way to reverse all that and more. I don't even watch "The Real World" anymore.

KEEP JEFF ACCOUNTABLE

Starting weight (July 12, 2010) - 387
Last week (Aug. 16) - 369
Current weight (Aug. 23) - 366
Total lost - 21
10% target - 349
Ultimate goal – 225

2 comments:

Scott Rushing said...

"I don't even watch "The Real World" anymore."

I'm not sure which is the better news for your overall wholeness and health. The weight loss or the improved television habits. :)

Jeff said...

We are weening ourselves off of reality TV, and I can safely say that I stopped watching "the Real World" back in the 90s!