Friday, August 06, 2010

Sleep little baby ... please? Pretty please?

Our little man has decided to rethink this whole "sleeping through the night" thing. Some nights - we'll call it "Wednesday night" - he sleeps from 8 to 6 and it's awesome. Other nights - we'll call these "every other night this week" - he gets up around 3 a.m. with a whine and a cry and won't go back to sleep, and seems to be waiting for his Daddy to go to work so that Mommy can bring our little Oedipus to bed with her. Val is not in agreement with this new policy.
 
I'm not saying that we're kind of happy that her parents are keeping Cooper tonight, I'm just saying that if I wake up before I get 12 hours of sleep, I WILL take illegal drugs to knock myself out if necessary.

On the positive side, Cooper is starting to pull himself up, which is a quick development since he just started crawling. I'm not ready for him to start walking! Okay, that's getting ahead of things, but it is fun to look over and see him standing up while holding on to the couch, or if I have a food tray on the foot stool, he'll grab it and yank himself up (while I'm holding the tray firmly, of course).

He has even developed some attitude when it comes to what he wants. He'll reach for certain books for us to read. He especially likes it when Val reads "Is Your Mama A Llama," and will cuddle up to you and kick his feet excitedly as you read. And yes, he wants you to read books over and over and over again. I'm now an expert on Pooh and friends flying a kite as the wind blows and blows.

3 comments:

Destiny said...

Bailey did that too...we had to kind of "retrain" her - it didn't take long....hers was actually due to teething. It was when she was 8 months old. Enjoy your rest tonight and be VERY grateful to have such good helpers - or any helpers at all for that matter! I sent my "kids" out tonight for some quiet time at home...ALONE! Ahhhh the sound of solitude :)

Jeff said...

Oh yes, we are VERY grateful for Val's parents, and when my Mom can visit and watch him, and the chances we get to go out on our own for dinner or get chores done. It's a blessing!

stacy said...

Yay books! BRB off to birthday shop ...