Monday, August 30, 2010

Grilled chicken is your friend

I lost about 2.5 pounds, but due to rounding issues we'll just say 2 for this week. That's just how I roll. That means I'm down 23 total, with just 15 to go until I reach the first 10 percent target.

I'm not saying that I couldn't devour en entire pizza or eight Krystals with a 20 pack of McDonald's nuggets in one sitting right now before Val could even open her honey mustard packet (those things can be very difficult sometimes), but it's surprising how easy it is to avoid fast food that is detrimental to your diet. Buy the chicken sandwich or get a healthy sub, and you won't be hungry anymore, either, plus you won't feel guilty about it later.

KEEP JEFF ACCOUNTABLE

Starting weight (July 12, 2010) - 387
Last week (Aug. 23) - 366
Current weight (Aug. 30) - 364
Total lost - 23
10% target - 349
Ultimate goal – 225
 

6 comments:

Valerie said...

YAY! Little by little...just wait until we can go for walks when you get home from work (when it's cooler of course).

erin said...

Congratulations, Jeff! You're doing great!

The Chipped Mug said...

Rome wasn't built in a day nor was it destroyed in one. I am proud of you!

Jeff said...

Thanks y'all! It is very encouraging to be heading down-down-down, even though I know it will take a while. Much easier to pack on the pounds than lose them!

JorgeR said...

Great Job Jeff....I know from personal experience, its not easy..The last 80 lbs were the toughest for me...Im thinking about harvesting some organs...I can probably get away with one kidney...Maybe lose a spleen..Thats got to be at least 10-15 lbs right there..No?..

Jeff said...

You know, some would say the left arm isn't much use, so that's an idea ...