Monday, August 16, 2010

Danger! Wedding food! Danger!

My first test this weekend came at a wedding for my Darling Valerie's cousin, including a rehearsal dinner Friday night. It turns out, though, that Cooper Watch is a decent weight loss cure. There's no time to overeat when I'm trying to keep him happy and I have little time to spare since Val's Mom was catering and the rest of the family was helping. As a result, I forgoed cake - and anything else but a little plate of cocktail shrimp during the reception - and just a little plate of BBQ (no bun), beans and slaw Friday night.

Thus, this morning I had hoped for more than being down two pounds. But hey, no worries, it's a minus and not a plus, especially with limited exercise, am I right? That puts me under 370, so another benchmark is crossed off the list. If I lose two pounds per week for the next 72 weeks, I will feel peachy keen.

Okay, so Val actually set me aside a tupperware carton of her mom's meatballs from the wedding, which I had for "breakfast" at work this morning. That gives me a week to work it off. Maybe I'll mow the lawn twice this week to get in some exercise!

KEEP JEFF ACCOUNTABLE

Starting weight (July 12, 2010) - 387
Last week (Aug. 9) - 371
Current weight (Aug. 16) - 369
Total lost - 18
10% target - 349
Ultimate goal – 225
 

2 comments:

Rann said...

Excellent, Jeff. Keep plugging away. Those pounds will be gone in no time (well, maybe in 72 weeks).

Jeff said...

72 weeks is but a mere blip considering the two decades I've put on the weight, and the many decades left to enjoy!