Tuesday, July 27, 2010

On the way down

Well that was unexpected.
 
I weighed myself Friday morning and was within one-tenth of a pound of last Monday. With my entire family coming into town, promising many many large meals at awesome restaurants (Jim's Place East, Shogun, Cracker Barrel), I expected to be up a pound or two.
 
This morning I had lost four pounds. Boo Yah!
 
I consumed a few bad things here and there, but not consistently. I guess that's the key. It's okay to have some fried okra at Cracker Barrel. It's not okay to have it on the side of a big slab of meatloaf and with some hashbrown casserole, baked potato with butter and sour cream, and a helping of apple pie a la fattening to top it off. So instead I had some okra with grilled chicken tenders and a baked potato (little bit of butter only) and carrots. When I went to Lenny's I had a chicken philly, but without cheese, and using low-fat Italian dressing instead of honey mustard. At our local Mexican joint, El Mezcal, I had fajita quesadillas, but without cheese, and only had a few chips, no cheese dip.
 
Will power isn't easy, but worth it.
 
Or, it could be that at Jim's Place East on Friday night, the air was weak and it was so hot in there that I lost six pounds before putting two back on due to Shogun's fried rice the next night. Tonight we're going to Outback with Dad. Oh my. I am unable to resist the power of the blooming onion!
 
One of my weight-loss inspirations is Erin (at Baby Love on the left), who will now reverse much of her loss, but in a good way, due to her new pregnancy. I trust she will maintain better than I did during Val's pregnancy. Once Val developed gestational diabetes, she had to eat healthy, and I ended up gaining more during her pregnancy than she did. She got to birth a baby and all that gooey stuff that came out with him and lose 15 pounds instantly. I did not. So what I'm saying is, to Erin's hubby, Stephen, good luck and all that.
 
KEEP JEFF ACCOUNTABLE

Starting weight (July 12, 2010) - 387
Last week (July 19) - 379
Current weight (July 27) - 375
Total lost - 12
10% target - 349
Ultimate goal – 225

3 comments:

Destiny said...

Yay for you! And BTW, how can ANYONE resist Cracker Barrel? It's just not possible, is it?

erin said...

Yay, that's awesome!! And thanks for the shoutout. Hopefully I won't reverse ALL of my weight loss with the pregnancy. :)

Scott Rushing said...

Good work!