Sunday, October 04, 2009

Well nail on my tail and slap my donkey butt!

- Oh bother. My inner Eeyore is a little wary of news that the first authorized sequel is being released to the beloved stories starring Winnie The Pooh, 81 years later. But the Tigger in me thinks I should bounce quickly to buy up a copy of "Return to the Hundred Acre Wood" when it comes out next week for more adventures of Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and the gang? (Idea for the first chapter: "Eeyore finds a wheelchair for the 87-year-old Christopher Robin, but it turns out to be Rabbit's veggie wheelbarrow.")

- Memphis Memories from Oct. 3, 1884:
The boy who jumped from a fourth-story window into a basement on Madison a couple of weeks ago to avoid arrest for larceny has so far recovered that he is able to crawl about the hospital a little. Last night he left his bunk and crawled into an adjoining ward where he stole several trifles and then crawled back to his own bed where he secreted his spoils under his pillow.

- The disconnect between Hollywood and middle America, explained: Whoopi Goldberg thinks that Roman Polanski shouldn't be extradited on charges of drugging, having his way with a 13-year-old girl and fleeing justice for France 30 years ago because it wasn't "rape rape."

- Obama, shmobama, here's a real example of race relations improving in America: A white girl wins Miss Kentucky State University, an historically black college.

3 comments:

Rann said...

Why are you posting at 1:23 in the morning? Are you practicing???

The Chipped Mug said...

That's just too funny! too funny!

Jeff said...

Dad, I get two nights a week to indulge my inner night owl and blog while watching my shows, so I will take advantage!