Saturday, October 24, 2009

The waiting keeps us busy

Sorry that it's been a few days since my last blog post. It's not you, it's me. I even worked the evening shift on Thursday and Friday, and instead of staying up late to blog and watch my shows, I went to bed early to catch up on sleep. Val assures me it's for the best, since soon enough I'll never get to sleep through the night again.

We are frighteningly running out of weekends in which to get things done before Cooper is born. Val could go at any minute. I still think the Good Lord is going to give me one more weekend to work around the house, but I think we all know the adage, "If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans."

I spent several hours today on efforts to de-clutter and organize, which really means moving things from one room to another, or putting things in the garage until further organizing. Val was just happy to have things off the floors and out of the way so that her mom could come over and do some work on the floors. Bless her heart. She even wooed us to dinner tonight with the promise of ham, potato salad and baked beans. As if that was a tough sell!

My Darling Valerie has the "pregnant waddle" all of the time now, and to me it's just adorable, though to her it means, "I'm like a balloon and swelling and yuck I feel gross." She's too nice to ask for me to constantly massage her back, and legs, neck, and feet, and everywhere she has aches and pains, which is her entire body. It's something I'm supposed to volunteer to do! Especially when she wants Cooper to calm down in her tummy at night and he's visibly squirming. Poor guy is just trying to get comfortable, though at the expense of Val's bladder.

Then there's the heartburn, lack of restful sleep, "gastro issues" and contractions, and with her gestational diabetes she still looks like a sad puppy whenever I eat something she can't, like an ice cream sandwich. Yeah, I'm a big meanie.

At least tonight I made the first fire of the season, which always pleases Val. So long as it's in the fireplace, I mean. If it's in the kitchen, she's not as happy about it. Sheesh, burn one or two tupperware tops and they never forget it ...

No comments: