Saturday, August 18, 2007

100 Things About Me, 111-120

1-10 | 11-20 | 21-30 | 31-40 | 41-50 | 51-60 | 61-70 | 71-80 | 81-90 | 91-100 | 101-110 | 121-130 | 131-140 | 141-150 | 151-160 | 141-150 | 161-170

111. One career day at Scenic Hills Elementary, I wore my golf outfit complete with spiky shoes that slipped all over the cafeteria floor and the sidewalk to the classroom before the teacher made me change back into sneakers.

112. Since we're still on food, and apparently I always am ... Favorite movie food: Nachos & a hot dog. Candy: Goobers or Twizzlers.

113. My favorite pizza is right around the corner from work at Garibaldi's: BBQ pizza. Awesome.

114. I recall fondly staying up late during the opening Thursday of the NCAA Tournament to watch with Dad, who would let me play hooky from school the next day. We even got to watch Memphis State (now U. of Memphis) a few times, even though they often lost to mediocre teams like Drexel.

115. There were better times in the 80s, watching Elliot Perry make last-second shots over arch-rival Louisville or South Carolina while watching with Dad at a sports bar, usually Hastings in Raleigh or a place off Poplar that had a fabulous seafood salad.

116. Speaking of food (again, I know, can you believe I'm overweight?), Mom used to make foods specially for me that my siblings wouldn't touch, like spinach or liver and onions, which I still enjoy today.

117. I never mastered the complicated technology of making paper airplanes. Instead, around second and third grade I would create makeshift ones with paper and pencils and play dogfights with them during class. I also slammed my head on desks for attention. Explains a lot, doesn't it?

118. Listening to people type is my nails-on-a-chalkboard.

119. The No. 1 song in the U.S. in the week I was born was "Bad Blood" by Neil Sedaka. I don't know what that means, but I do know that for such harsh lyrics the melody is surprisingly chipper. Take a gander at one verse: The bitch is in her smile/The lie is on her lips/Such an evil child.

120. More relevant is that two days after I was born was game six of the 1975 World Series, when Carlton Fisk hit a walk-off homer to renew Boston hopes against Cincinnati. Thankfully, my name didn't end up being split between Fisk and Luis Tiant. The Red Sox lost game seven, so apparently I wasn't the good luck charm Dad was going for, so he had to have two more kids in '77, which didn't work, either, until 2004.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I remember Hastings, yum!

Spinach, Liver and Onions, yuck:(

Another good list though:)

Michael - Lover of Amy said...

You Sir, have been tagged for an ORIGINAL meme. Jump on over to Valtool's Box www.valtool.blogspot.com and join in the $50,000 Question.

And don't forget to tag and send some more people.

stacy said...

The Red Sox lost game seven, so apparently I wasn't the good luck charm Dad was going for, so he had to have two more kids in '77, which didn't work, either, until 2004.

Nate was the good luck charm then! :)

Fun stuff Jeff! i remember you in your golf gear!