Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!

My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys." - Harmon Killebrew



A very Happy Father's Day to my Dad! Without your loving support, all those 5 a.m. wakeup calls for tee times, all those movies on the couch, all that moaning about the Red Sox right up to October 2004, all our trips, all the calls for advice, your generous financial aid, et al., I wouldn't be nearly the happy, well-adjusted man I am today.

I have nothing but good memories of my childhood and will miss you as my vacation buddy these last ten years. Not that we can't still go places together. I'll just be bringing my spouse along, too, which isn't so bad for you since she has to put up with my snoring now!

(Speaking of, a happy anniversary to my wife, one year after I asked her hand in marriage and she accepted! Which all began, of course, with my trip with Dad to D.C., the U.S. Open and Boston, so see, this also relates to Father's Day!)

3 comments:

amy said...

awwww,you are just sharing the love today!!

Cyndi said...

I love the we're raising boys quote, Happy father's Day to Rann.

Rann said...

Thanks, Jeff. Beautiful sentiments. I am one proud Dad.