Saturday, February 10, 2007

Valfrey update

On the Valfrey news front, Val is changing jobs. She applied for this one about the same time as the old one, and the decision wasn't difficult to leave the previous post even after just two weeks. The new job, at the Atlanta Asthma & Allergy Clinic, pays a lot more, is only 4 1/2 days a week (meaning she'll have 5 out of 6 Friday's off early), better benefits, more days off and oh yeah, she'll be less than a mile from home. That, and practically right next door to a Chick-fil-A. Hey, it's the little things that count.

Still, we're committed to looking west to Memphis for an eventual move. There's one position I'm looking at this month that would go a long way to fulfilling that goal sooner than later. Fingers crossed!

We've enjoyed a relaxing couple of days, since she went ahead and quit on Thursday, giving us all day Friday to ourselves. We woke up in time to watch The Price is Right, had lunch at O'Charley's, went shopping, curled up on the couch with a Netflix movie (review soon), suppered at Outback, more shopping at the mall and then wrapped it all up watching Playmania after midnight. A great day, reminiscent of our first few months of marriage. Of course, with this new gig, every Friday could be as nice!

14 comments:

Scott said...

I miss O'Charley's.

Jeff said...

Heh. Trust me, the Chipotle Chicken O'Tenders are awesome.

Jeff said...

And their butter and yeast rolls? Divine.

amy said...

Seriously, I hope we see you before we move! Hope you enjoy your Fridays together!

Jeff said...

I know, I know, Amy, we'll figure it out! Promise!

Pandora said...

Congrats to Valerie on the new job. It sounds like a really good one - is she working a 1/2 day on March 2nd?

Scott said...

We call the yeast rolls "crack rolls". I swear they put crack into those rolls because they are so addictive.

Also, I have yet to eat a better prime rib from a franchise restaurant. The best prime rib is at Merchant's in downtown Nashville...but they aren't a franchise (yet).

Scott said...

Jeff,

1 more thing...I responded to your Lost question on my blog just now. Read it and let me know if you agree...

Jeff said...

Scott, never had their prime rib. I only have the Chipotle Chicken O'Tenders. Awesome x one billion.

Steph, hopefully she'll be able to do so in order to have the afternoon for fun stuff like the aquarium!

Michael - Lover of Amy said...

Amy and I went to O'Charley's tonight. I had something new for me, which I never thought I cared for. Salmon. They have 2 or 3 selections, and the one I had was a new style called cedar-planked salmon, served with lemon pepper preperation and presented on a cedar plank. I coupled this with a baked potato (sour cream and butter only because adding a sprinkling of bacon and cheese costs you 59 cents), and a house salad with their new greek vinagrette feta cheese dressing. That was yummy and I ate pretty healthy.

Amy and I only had 2 yeast rolls each.

Amy tried a new dish called artichoke chicken (insert choking chicken joke here) with a side of mixed veggies and she also had the house salad with the greek dressing.

As a man who is 1/4 Greek, I can say, it's good!

Jeff said...

I tried the artichoke chicken thingy, and didn't like it one bit. Blech.

I always tell myself I should order more fish, since it's healthy and low-fat, but always end up going for double-fried dishes topped with six cheeses and bacon.

George Payne said...

I'm looking for a chyron operator.

gp

stacy said...

yay! I swear there is a lot to be said for a short drive to work! Just a bonus on top of the other benefits :) Happy for you Valerie! I hope you find the perfect opportunity in Memphis Jeff!

Jeff said...

Yeah, George? Of course, I've been on the switcher so long I've probably forgotten everything I ever learned on the chyron, audio, and even turning a camera on, lol.