Sunday, February 18, 2007

Taxed

Being married rocks. Doing taxes as a married couple? Not so much. It's not that filing jointly is a big deal, but when she made all her money in Tennessee and Georgia has a state income tax, it makes it difficult to compute the latter's forms.

When Turbo Tax did it for me, I was going to get spanked, because they didn't have an easy way to remove Val's income from the equation. When I did it on my own I have us being owed some change. The dilemma then, to trust the computer tax form or my own instincts and math skills. Perhaps I should put money now into a account to hire a lawyer when the IRS and/or Georgia Department of Revenue comes calling!

(The key is that it's called the department of revenue, not "Letting Taxpayers Keep Their Hard-Earned Income.")

4 comments:

Scott said...

Or you have yet another option...

Make a very friendly phone call to your father tonight.

Or you could trust those guys at Wal-Mart who will help with your taxes. ;)

Rann said...

It is really quite simple. Go with your calculation; not Turbo Tax.

Rann said...

if you want me to double check your numbers, just scan the state return and forward it to me at my FedEx email address.

Jeff said...

I'm pretty confident in what I calculated, so I'm going with it. I checked, double-checked, triple-checked and I'm ready to mail it in!