A state senator from New York said on Tuesday he plans to introduce legislation that would ban people from using an MP3 player, cell phone, Blackberry or any other electronic device while crossing the street in New York City and Buffalo.
What else can they legislate to ban at crosswalks to avoid distractions?
- Trading obsceneties with taxi drivers
- Looking up at the tall pretty buildings (for tourists)
- Operating a flamethrower
- Walking your pets
- Voting Democrat
- Talking to whomever you are with, even if last night's "Heroes" was super cool and you have to discuss the ending
- Talking to people around you with whom you have no relationship, unless directing them to the best way across the intersection (hint: straight line)
- Wearing revealing clothing (distracting to other pedestrians)
- Wearing a Red Sox cap (ditto, plus, you might need the flamethrower)
- Singing out loud
- Singing in your head
- Thinking about anything other than walking one foot in front of the other