Monday, January 22, 2007

MLB can bite me

Unbelievable. Ridiculous. Preposterous. Pathetic. Frakin' asinine.

That's about all I can say about the news today that Major League Baseball signed a deal with DirectTV to air MLB Extra Innings for the next seven years, meaning the package won't be available unless you have DirectTV.

I don't. Can't, either, because my apartment doesn't face south.

This deal smells like smells like a used diaper filled with Indian food. It smells like a turd covered in burnt hair.

I'm a Red Sox fan. My wife's a Cardinals fan. We live in Atlanta. Last year I had Extra Innings. This year? If MLB doesn't offer MLB.TV to watch our games on the stinkin' computer, we're out of luck to see our teams play unless they're on cable.

As one commenter on Deadspin said, "Because nothing says 'I'm a baseball fan' than sitting hunched over your PC watching tiny streamed video of your favourite team, with out-of-sync audio."

Benedict Arnold Major League Baseball, you are no talent a** clowns, and Evil Empire DirectTV can just go straight to hell.

Not that I'm emotional about this.

2 comments:

Cyndi said...

how can you be so calm about it??I'm wanting to get extra innings this year.

Tim Ellsworth said...

Great. Thanks for ruining my night, Jeff. I just posted by own rant.

This really is unbelievable.